My journey to India. Feelings, photos and short stories on acute topics in my life. Since September 1st 2005 I've studied in Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). The blog is to keep in touch and share my life with people who care and whom I love.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Day 4: Tourists

A nice day! Eventually we went to Kolkata to visit the Victoria Memorial. It was built to memorize this former foreign Queen Empress of India and is a nice mixture of British Victorian and Indian/Mughal (Indian muslim rulers before British; best example Taj Mahal) style. The place is huge with some interesting museums. I noticed that not everybody wishes to read all the small texts. Freak!

After some great group photos - including me with an unknown Indian family - we walked through the big park, Maidan, to the city. The park was nice with boys playing football, shirts as their goal poles, mothers boiling chai. Another scene from The Fast Show... :-)

The park was also home to some horses/ponies doing their share for the Kolkatan economy and also to the parks vegetation, which we indirectly noticed from the bottoms of our shoes.

To complete the middle-classed Kolkatan afternoon we had a nice dinner in a nice Chinese Restaurant locally famous of it duck. Izz good! Boriz recommedz!

Afterwards really to embarass ourselves we went to "Flurry's" for a European coffee and a brownie!! I felt bad seeing all the street kids outside. And also a bit frustrated because I'd also like to experience the not-so-posh India. Anyway, it was the fourth day, so I'm sure I'll get my chance.

Our group was great and with Robert and Johan we decided to start our own charity program called "STEP Up" and to start by building a house for the homeless. Girls - as usual - considered our plans "irrational" and "naiive"! We had to admit that all the three are rather easy to get enthusiastic, but perhaps not also so down-to-earth or unrealistic with our "plans". Anyway, how girlish thing to shoot down our great and noble plans!

Haihattelua?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home