My journey to India. Feelings, photos and short stories on acute topics in my life. Since September 1st 2005 I've studied in Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). The blog is to keep in touch and share my life with people who care and whom I love.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Day 2: First Impression

6:43 I'm sitting in a white Ambassador-car (Kolkata-made) with my buddy Avik Sarkar, who picked me up from the airport. A very nice guy and my first contact with the outstanding Indian hospitality!
The airport routines were ok and I have my passport stamped! Paperwork takes some time, but that's what I expected.

This is what I notice:

-It's hot and humid, although not as "bad" as in Bangkok last spring. (Later remark; this is probably because it's only 5 a.m. when I first set my foot on the Indian terrain.)
-It smells like greenhouse
-I have a spider in my room. Rather small, though.
-I live in Annexe hostel, room 138
-The poverty is very visible from the first drive through the city to the IIMC-Campus in Joka, South of Kolkata

-"It was my duty", said Avik when I thanked him for everything.

I wonder what's my duty?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home