My journey to India. Feelings, photos and short stories on acute topics in my life. Since September 1st 2005 I've studied in Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). The blog is to keep in touch and share my life with people who care and whom I love.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Day 1: On the way

8:26 (Finnish time) "Kotimaa kun taakse jäi..." Johanna and Jussi drove me to Helsinki-Vantaa Airport. The last sad goodbyes change to "intolerable lightness of traveling".
I miss Kaisa a lot and it feels strange to travel alone. On the other hand, that's what this journey is about: "Finding yourself, fullfilling a dream and building our life together." I feel that we both understand this. It's very difficult, but we will work it out!

I think I sound over-dramatic. Blääh. That's not what I want. Please read with patience; I will improve!


15:02 (GMT) I board the plane. British Airways aircraft model XY. There are lots of them but I manage to find the right one. I also bought and iPod. Now I'm broke.
I get the seat 17a, which is on the windowside. Except that there is no window. I maintain my good mood despite this minor drawback, which I'm happy about. Next to me sits a Swedish nurse who's going to work in Kolkata the next 9 months. I manage to speak fluent Swedish, which I'm also happy about. Also the food is good. I take two small bottles of wine! Both are good.
I change my clocks to Indian time. Looks like its time to get some sleep.
I won't, which is strange. I usually do. I miss Kaisa again. It feels sad but good. Missing the one you love is one of the most beautiful feelings. Happy being sad? Contradiction again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home