My journey to India. Feelings, photos and short stories on acute topics in my life. Since September 1st 2005 I've studied in Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). The blog is to keep in touch and share my life with people who care and whom I love.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Day 1: Departure and contradictory thoughts

Waking up 5:00 am at Johanna's and Jussi's place. First thought crosses my mind; what the hell am I doing and why would I ever want to leave Finland for India?
The answer seems to remain the same; "What I must".

2 Comments:

Blogger Vibhu Rishi said...

Welcome to India. :)

You may not like this country - its not a developed place, and too many people - but it is different. Sadness and Happiness; Great deeds and dastardly ones; Love and Hate - just seem to go hand in hand.

If you are interested in sightseeing, not too sure if you will get the time from your hectic schedule, you could try the following places:
- Sunderbans : A Tiger Habitat. But you will be really lucky to see one there as people are bent on killing of the magnificent animal. You will need to get in touch with the Director Sunderbans in Calcutta for this.
- Darjeeling : supposedly the queen of the hills - Tourism is killing it. I did my schooling from there ... long time back. See if you can get to ride on the 'Toy Train' , but don't take it the entire way.

Have fun, and keep your mind open to new experiences. You will find new things when you least expect them.

7:10 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with Jussi: why go to India when you dont want to? This person must be crazy. Go somewhere you want to go.

7:34 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home