My journey to India. Feelings, photos and short stories on acute topics in my life. Since September 1st 2005 I've studied in Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). The blog is to keep in touch and share my life with people who care and whom I love.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Day 2: Settling down

10:30 I had a nap and feel a bit numb after waking up. I bought some drinking water and toilet paper. Let's hope that it lasts long.

The heat is really something; I'm sweating as a pig and my t-shirt feels like a second skin to me now. We've got gekkos, spiders, mosquitos and flies. On the contrary, we also have thousands of birds giving indian-western-fusion concerts in the yard. At the first glimpse the campus looks quite nice and green. Trash is everywhere, though. Except in the rubbish bins.

I haven't seen any other exchange students yet, and also very few locals. I decide to walk around a bit and try to get my papers in ordnung. This proves to be an ongoing process. I visit several offices and I'm told to sit down please at least as many times.

I feel I'm too enthusiastic. It seems to be siesta time. I can undestand why; there are approximately +38 reasons for this behaviour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home