My journey to India. Feelings, photos and short stories on acute topics in my life. Since September 1st 2005 I've studied in Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). The blog is to keep in touch and share my life with people who care and whom I love.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Day 2: The First Contacts

14:18 I'm sitting with my new Indian friend, Ishvar, in an Indian fast food restaurant. We met in the computer class and 10 minutes later in one of the shops. He asked me to join him to go to the city for some banking and eating.
10 minutes later we were sitting in a taxi taking us to Tollygung metro-station.

The guard in the bank had a big rifle (the one that you shoot tigers or elephants with; although I hope you don't).

Ishvar turned out to be a very nice guy and very interested in European history, which I found nice of course. I gave him a brief lecture on how Finland made it through the war until today. He of course cleared many things about Indian culture for me too.

16:50 I met the first other exchange students; Hanne from Denmark, Sandra from Germany and Marine from France. They said we'd go to the city in the evening for a dinner. I said I'm in. Then I met Robert from Sweden and it was love at first sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home