My journey to India. Feelings, photos and short stories on acute topics in my life. Since September 1st 2005 I've studied in Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). The blog is to keep in touch and share my life with people who care and whom I love.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Day 32: Mahatma Gandhis's Birthday 2.10

Rainy Day in the campus; didn't matter. I was effective. From the morning; meditation, studying, laundry, lunch, call to Kaisa, more studying, some playing, blogging and finally AN INDIAN MOVIE!

What could have been better movie on the birthday of "Father of India". "Mahatma Gandhi was assasinated in 1948, only a year after the Indian indepence. Our movie was a family-drama about a father who, because of and childhood-trauma believed he had murdered the great leader. The movie was called "Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara, "I didn't kill Gandhi". Go see it, if its available in Europe.

Our film was of course without subtitles, but they had some (funny) English idioms and sentences in between the dialogue in Hindi (common to Indian movie, English is one of the official languages, after all). I sat next to Abhishek, so I also got some translation help. Good experience.

Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut,
originally uploaded by Jussi Nummelin.



Before that we had a pizza in Pizza-huttunen and afterwards coffee with a brownie. I really needed that after a month. Tasted great! The funny thing, I would never go to a Pizza-Hut in Finland, but here...now the Indian food tastes great again!

Just came to my room (2:15am) after a rather good band rehearsal. Gig on Tuesday. We'll doing fine. One is my song, "A Lullaby", love song for Kaisa! Sweet!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SEPT. 26-30 reporters notebook
WHITE PINE COUNTY RESIDENT JO ANNE GARRETT showed up at Monday's final meeting of the Southern Nevada Water Authority's Integrated Water Planning Advisory Committee dressed in a light blue T-shirt that read, ...
Great blog. I run a home furnishings site. It's a guide to quality home furnishings, apparel and gift sites around the web. Stop by sometime!

2:24 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home