My journey to India. Feelings, photos and short stories on acute topics in my life. Since September 1st 2005 I've studied in Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). The blog is to keep in touch and share my life with people who care and whom I love.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Day 9: First trip outside - Digha

16:20 The bus is leaving Esplanade Station, Kolkata. After waiting for an hour. They cheated us with the price of the tickets, 150rs instead of 90. Just lied with an honest face, that its more expensive because its express or something and stops only once and its got videos! Its raining like hell and I'm feeling cold. And thus, pissed off. Come to India and catch a flu!

Soon things get back to perspective (Kaisuli HUOM!) - naked kids playing happily with some garbage in the dirt. I feel ashamed.

21:20 The Bus arrives in Digha. The ride is rather comfortable. We call it the "Disco-bus" because of loud music and Bollywood-music videos. In urban India everything is loud.
The bus stops in each small village of course, but it doesn't matter. I'm happy! I use the new iPod. Its brand new and white and beautiful.

The music tip of the day: Listen ro Ron Sexsmiths "Cobblestone Runway" -album. Incredible music!

Touts (the guys who get small provision of taking travelers into certain hotels/stores etc...) are pretty easy in Digha. One "No" is enough and we take the hotel we want without any persuasing.

Getting the room and the price settled was a Kampf between a German and Indian mind. Sandra had to give up this time. Others were laughing. In India you have to feel relaxed. Its not always easy, but I'm quite satisfied with my performance and actually starting to like some oddities :-)

23:27 By the sea at last! High tide, half moon and the waves are impressive. The tallest ones rush over the wall!

00:30 Mum calls. Nice to talk back to home. Everything is all right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home