My journey to India. Feelings, photos and short stories on acute topics in my life. Since September 1st 2005 I've studied in Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). The blog is to keep in touch and share my life with people who care and whom I love.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Conclusive remarks

Hi friends,

Hmm, it seems that I took my time writing the last entry. Well, I apologize you all, since I've found out that I got quite a few readers. It feels nice and also a bit strange. The blog seems to be a good way to keep in contact and share your daily experiences with many people you miss but you can't call or send e-mail everyday.

Which takes us back to the "new" experiences. After leaving Kolkata on 7th December we traveled with my precious Kaisa the South of India rather extensively. The route was roughly the following:

Bangalore-Mysore-Hampi-Vagator(Goa)-Panaji(Goa)-Gokarna-
Kanyakumari-Trivandrum-Keralanbackwateralltogether-
Kochin-Coonoor-Ooty-Chennai-Mamallapuram-Kolkata.

The last days we spent in Kolkata and met my dear friends from IIMC, saw the campus and my good old room and around the city, which Kaisa liked by the way. It felt a bit like getting back home. It seems that I liked Kolkata, despite all the poverty and crap. It's got a different ambience. And Flury's is still cool!

We boarded our plane early morning the 25th of January and thus came home nearly a month ago. Time flies, as did the plane and now we're here. Strange. But nice. (*

I had a great time in India, met great people and saw impressive and touching things and incidents. But the most important thing is, that I learned a lot of myself. I "grew as a person", as I might say. From all the contradiction I drew some consistency and from all the diffence some similarity with my life and life in general. It's the same people and the same world over there and somehow we're all one. Despite the phrase being so cliché. Many clichés are ultimately true and many bad love songs are sincerily written. It's just about the perception. The sick will to see filth in purity and betrayal in honesty. To find the black sheep among the white.
What's wrong with being naive anyway? Is it my good will or is it just this world gone wrong? (A hint for you all.)

Hmm, looks like I got a bit drewn from the original topic, but anyway, the point was that I got a lot from India and it changed some of me and my life as they said it would.

I'm very happy about the journey and now, after one month, already thinking about further trips.

Thank you for reading and staying with me through the whole episode. This was all about India this time and the last entry will be about life back at home. Sorth of an epilogue.

Namaste!


*) For organisatorial reasons the "life back at home" has been separated as an entry by its own.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rajesh said...

Hey Jussi,
It was real nice knowing u as a person during our rock climbing trip. Keep rocking and the enthu flowing!

1:47 am

 
Blogger Jussi said...

Hi Rajesh!

Nice to hear from you! Looks like I'm still going to update my blog every now and then, but only with India-related matters. Which are numerous, anyway! ;-)

Looking forward to some more climbing. Before the snow melts it will only be indoor walls, but the summer is coming...

3:59 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home