My journey to India. Feelings, photos and short stories on acute topics in my life. Since September 1st 2005 I've studied in Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). The blog is to keep in touch and share my life with people who care and whom I love.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Kappale kauneinta Sikkimia!

(A piece of the most beautyful Sikkim)

I traveled north to the tiny village on Singhik with Jenny and Daniel from Switzerland. The sense of emptiness and wilderness was more present than elsewhere in Sikkim, I had traveled before. Also was the army. Since Sikkim is bordering Tibet, the question of defense (I hate that word - defense means war, nothing else) is still dominant in the area.

Singhik is the furthernmost village where you can travel with the standard permit, but it was not the reason to do it. The nature and the peace was. We stayed in a small family-ran questhouse "Friendship" and had a nice walk uphill to a gompa through mature rice-fields. The area doesn't see many tourists and people where curious about us, which was nice.

The evening saw some listening to music with two iPods and small speakers. Technocrats in the nature? Yeah, it didn't fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home